Jean-Marie Brunet examines the reasons why the “tapeout crunch” is getting worse and worse at advanced nodes, and suggests some possible solutions, in this forward-looking article written for SemiconductorEngineering.com. … Read More
Foundry Solution Blog
Posts tagged with 'IP'
The creation of test patterns for mixed signal IP has been, to a large extent, a manual effort. The new IEEE P1687 standard, also called IJTAG, simplifies the access, control and testing of embedded IP, and is expected to be rapidly and widely adopted by the semiconductor industry. Mentor Graphics and NXP Semiconductors (NXP) worked together to implement P1687 on mixed-signal IPs in a 65 nm automotive … Read More
Integration and testing of IP blocks in large SOCs has been a manual, time consuming design effort. A new standard called IEEE P1687 (or "IJTAG") for IP plug-and-play integration was created to simplify these tasks and EDA tools are emerging to support the standard. IJTAG simplifies connecting any number of IJTAG-compliant IP blocks into an integrated, hierarchical network, allowing access … Read More
- Friendly but Shy Bears, and other EOS/ESD Issues
- It's Electrifying!
- Manage Your Stress...Advice from the Experts
- Testing the Boundaries of Good Design
- Making the Impossible -- Dealing with Patterns Throughout the Design and Manufacturing Flow
- Failing to Succeed
- Global Warming
- Won't You Please, Please Help Me?
- A Raft for a Flood - FinFET and Multi-Patterning Aware Place & Route
- September, 2014
- August, 2014
- July, 2014
- June, 2014
- May, 2014
- March, 2014
- February, 2014
- January, 2014
- UPDATE: Multi-Patterning Unmasked!!
- The Trouble with Triples—Part 2
- A Little Bit Here, A Little Bit There...Calibre Cluster Manager Reduces Turnaround Time
- TSMC OIP presentations now available!
- Can You Benefit from Cell-Aware Test?
- FinFET Fever...or FinFET Fear?
- 2014 is Underway! What's on Your Calendar?
- Routing Closure Challenges at 28nm and Below
- How Do I?
- Are you the 1%?
- Low Power, High Performance Design, Verification, and Test
- December, 2013
- Qualification Is Just the Beginning
- Pattern Matching: Blueprints for Further Success
- Mastering the Magic of Multi-Patterning
- The Trouble With Triples—Part 1
- Reducing the Tapeout Crunch with Signoff Confidence
- Foundry Solutions Video Blog: Calibre PERC
- Customizing Calibre Jobs without Editing Rule Decks
- Model-Based Hints: GPS for LFD Success
- October, 2013
- September, 2013
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- May, 2009