Mentor Embedded Linux
The Mentor Graphics' Embedded Software and Hardware License Agreement or a valid license agreement which is physically signed by your company and an authorized representative of Mentor Graphics (“License Agreement”) applies to your use of Mentor Graphics software, including any updates, modifications and revisions (“Software”), and hardware products and any replacement parts provided hereunder (collectively “Products”). If you order support services, the following support terms shall also apply, unless your company has a physically signed agreement with Mentor Graphics containing support terms, in which case the signed agreement shall apply.
This is a legal agreement concerning support services between the company ordering support services (“Customer”) and the Mentor Graphics entity that issued the corresponding quotation (“Mentor Graphics”). This Agreement, the License Agreement and the applicable quotation contain the parties’ entire understanding relating to the subject matter and supersede all prior or contemporaneous agreements, including but not limited to any purchase order terms and conditions.
Support services vary depending on the service plan purchased. Specific support levels, hours of support availability, the number of eligible contacts, any response options and any technical support options or guidelines are described in Mentor Graphics' current published support documentation, which are subject to change without notice. The following terms and conditions apply to support services provided:
1. Support. Subject to these terms and conditions and upon receipt of Customer's payment or commitment to pay for support services, Mentor Graphics will provide the support services identified in the applicable quotation.
2. Technical Coordinator. For each site covered, Customer will provide Mentor Graphics with current names, addresses and telephone numbers of a technical coordinator and alternate, who have a working knowledge of the supported Products.
3. Support Term. Mentor Graphics shall provide technical support to Customer only during the Term (“Support Term”) of the support purchased.
4. Verification and Support Levels. Mentor Graphics validates and supports product components on the following basis:
Table 1 - Verification and Support
|Level||Description||Host tools||Target runtime software excluding the Board Support Package||Board Support Package|
|Level 0||All other components and features not designated as Level 1 or 2|
|Level 1||Important components and features verified by build checks and/or exercised as a supporting component of test suites or procedures||Components designated in Table 2 as “Host Tools.”||Software included in the Openembedded and sb-core metadata layers in Mentor Embedded Linux 4, and the oe-core, sb-core, meta-oe and meta-yocto metadata collections in Mentor Embedded Linux 5, and the oe-core (poky/meta), meta-mentor, meta-oe and meta-yocto layers in Mentor Embedded Linux 6, when shipped and installed by the Mentor Embedded Linux installer and compiled without modification using the devel-image image recipe for MEL 4 and MEL5, and using the core-image-base image recipe for MEL6.|| |
|Level 2||Essential core components and features verified by test suites or procedures addressing a material subset of component functionality.||Documented features of components desginated in Table 2 as “Host Tools.”||Software designated in Table 2 as “Target Runtime Software,” when shipped and installed by the Mentor Embedded Linux installer and compiled using the devel-image image recipe for MEL 4 and MEL 5, and the core-image-base image recipe for MEL 6.||Features and peripheral drivers enumerated by Mentor Graphics BSP documentation, when shipped and installed by the Mentor Embedded Linux installer and compiled using the devel-image image recipe for MEL 4 and MEL 5 and the core-image-base image recipe for MEL 6.|
Table 2 - Designated Components
|Host Tools||Sourcery CodeBench IDE, GNU Compiler Collection, GNU Binary Utilities, GNU Debugger, GNU Make, Mentor Embedded Linux Build System|
|Target Software||Runtime|| |
Mentor Embedded Linux 5 components: kernel, libc6, base-files, update-rc.d, base-passwd-update, zip, netbase, shadow, initscripts, iptables, sysvinit, dbus, tcpdump, ncurses, procps, net-tools, gdbserver, udev, base-passwd, modutils, initscripts, iproute2, util-linux, bzip2, busybox.
Mentor Embedded Linux 6 components: kernel, libc6, base-files, update-rc.d, netbase, shadow, initscripts, sysvinit, dbus, ncurses, gdbserver, udev, base-passwd, modutils, util-linux, busybox.
5. Defects. Mentor Graphics defines a defect as a material deficiency of a Level 1 or Level 2 product component or feature that is not an enhancement. An enhancement either expands the functionality of the product or increases the scope of components designated Level 1 or Level 2. Product components covered under an open source license with features or behavior consistent with the intended behavior of the upstream community source base shall not be considered a defect. Additionally, Mentor Graphics defines a failure to build a Level 1 or 2 runtime software component using a Mentor Graphics provided recipe and recommended tools as a defect. Mentor Graphics has sole discretion to designate a product behavior as a defect or enhancement. In all cases, the host development system being used must meet or exceed the documented minimum system requirements.
6. Scope of Support. Mentor Graphics shall provide updates and technical support to Customer as described herein only when Mentor Embedded Linux is used in conjunction with the version of Sourcery CodeBench identified in the product documentation. All Sourcery CodeBench components shall be supported under the Sourcery CodeBench support terms found at http://www.mentor.com/codebench-support-legal. Mentor Graphics will only provide support on hardware and software configurations that are present or made available to Mentor Graphics in designated support labs.
a. Question and answer support (Q&A). Mentor Graphics will provide question and answer technical support on the current and immediately prior major releases of Mentor Embedded Linux. Mentor Graphics will have no obligation to provide question and answer technical support for earlier releases.
b. Product Updates. Product updates addressing defects will only be made against the current major release. Mentor Graphics will have no obligation to provide product updates addressing defects for earlier releases. Support for older versions of Mentor Embedded Linux is available for an additional fee, provided such support is initiated at the time of initial purchase for both Mentor Embedded Linux and the supporting Sourcery CodeBench development tools.
c. Host-based tools. Mentor Graphics shall provide Q&A and bug fix support for the operation of Mentor Graphics-provided Level 1 and Level 2 host-based tools only when they are used for the preparation of Mentor Embedded Linux target-side software.
d. Target-side software. Mentor Graphics will provide Q&A and bug fix support for Level 1 and Level 2 target-side software when these components are shipped and installed by the Mentor Embedded Linux installer and compiled using the devel-image image recipe for MEL 4 and MEL 5 and the core-image-base image recipe for MEL 6.
e. Target-side build support. Mentor Graphics will provide Q&A support for building Level 0 target-side software when these components are shipped and installed by the Mentor Embedded Linux installer. Bug fix support shall be limited to addressing failure to build defects.
f. Linux kernel integration. Mentor Graphics shall provide Q&A support for the customer's integration of a Linux kernel with the bitbake build tool including recipe modification, configuration, and build activities.
g. Board Support Packages. Mentor Graphics will provide Q&A support and bug fix support for Level 1 and Level 2 features of Board Support Packages supplied by Mentor Graphics. Unless there is a separate agreement in place for board support package technical support, Mentor Graphics will not provide Q&A support and bug fix support for non-Mentor Graphics supplied Board Support Packages.
h. Bug fixes and software versions. When a release is eligible for bug fix support, the following rules apply:
1. Level 0 and Level 1 components: Bug fixes may be delivered as either a patch or an upgraded version of the component in Mentor Graphics’ sole discretion.
2. Level 2 components: Bug fixes will be delivered as a same-version update of the component.
7. Updates. During the Term of Support, including any renewal Term(s) of Support, Customer may download, free of charge, any new version(s), update(s), or upgrade(s) to Mentor Embedded Linux that Mentor Graphics makes available at such times as may be determined by Mentor Graphics in its sole discretion.
8. Electronic Support System. Customer shall make all support requests for Mentor Embedded Linux via Mentor Graphics’ electronic support system and Mentor Graphics shall respond via the same electronic support system. Mentor Graphics will not accept Mentor Embedded Linux support requests by telephone or other means.
9. No Guarantee of Resolution. Mentor Graphics does not guarantee that it will be able to resolve all support requests. Without limitation, Mentor Graphics may, in its sole discretion, determine that a defect in the Mentor Embedded Linux is too difficult to correct, or that any correction would likely risk the introduction of additional defects, or that the defect is not likely to be encountered often enough to be worthy of correction, or that the defect is insufficiently severe to be worthy of correction.
10. Test Cases. In many cases, Mentor Graphics will require access to Customer's source code in order to resolve Customer's support request. Mentor Graphics may, in its sole discretion, create regression tests distilled from Customer's source code for use in testing changes to Mentor Embedded Linux. Mentor Graphics shall use commercially reasonable efforts to disguise the origin of the source code, to eliminate non-essential aspects of the source code, and to otherwise protect the confidentiality of Customer's source code. These regression tests may be made available to other Mentor Graphics Customers or to the general public.
11. General; Miscellaneous. The controlling law set forth in Customer’s applicable License Agreement shall apply. This Agreement may only be modified in writing by authorized representatives of the parties. Waiver of terms or excuse of breach must be in writing and shall not constitute subsequent consent, waiver or excuse. Any additional or different purchase order terms and conditions shall not apply.