Calibre Advanced Topics: Writing PERC Rules
This course will help you understand the wide breadth of problem areas addressed by Calibre PERC, including ESD, advanced ERC, multiple power domains, point-to-point resistance, and current density. View course highlights ↓
Full instructor-led courses in a Mentor training facility, with complete course materials and access to classroom computers.
|Jan 8–10||Tempe||9–5 PM
|Don't see the class you need? Request a class|
This course will help you understand the wide breadth of problem areas addressed by Calibre PERC, including ESD, advanced ERC, multiple power domains, point-to-point resistance, and current density. The course will help you master the use of this powerful tool and will provide a basic understanding of designing and coding Calibre PERC rule decks. Calibre PERC programming concepts and techniques will be demonstrated through a collection of detailed lecture examples. Students will be able to explore many Calibre PERC concepts through the use of hands-on lab exercises.
You will learn how to:
- Code Calibre control files used with Calibre PERC jobs.
- Invoke Calibre PERC from the command line and from the interactive GUI.
- Open Calibre PERC results in Calibre RVE.
- Use Calibre RVE to highlight PERC results in netlist, schematic, and layout views.
- Write basic PERC rule decks for performing a variety of supported circuit analysis tasks.
- Debug Calibre PERC rule decks
Throughout this course, extensive hands-on lab exercises provide you with practical experience using Calibre PERC software. Hands-on lab topics include:
- Setting up and running Calibre PERC jobs
- Highlighting PERC results using Calibre RVE
- Writing Calibre PERC initialization procedures
- Using Calibre PERC high-level topology analysis procedures
- Using Calibre PERC low-level data analysis procedures
Some experience with the Tcl programming language, or
Successful completion of the Calibre TVF class
Familiarity with IC circuit design
Knowledge of typical electrical rule checks
|Course Part Number||