Eldo Advanced Simulation
Acquire the skills needed to maximize your usage of Eldo® and realize its full impact on your analog/mixed signal verification process. View course details ↓
Full instructor-led courses in a Mentor training facility, with complete course materials and access to classroom computers.
|Mar 17||Hsinchu City||9–5 PM
|Don't see the class you need? Request a class|
Education Services can help you acquire the skills needed to maximize your usage of Eldo® and realize its full impact on your analog/mixed signal verification process. You will become familiar with tuning your circuit to use the best suited algorithms and accuracy control options, perform measurements on various types of waveforms, choose the most appropriate statistical analyses, perform noise analyses, understand the concepts of optimization, simulate your design taking ageing effects and run post-layout simulations with parasitic elements. The lecture modules will guide you through the various advanced concepts and tools associated with Eldo .
Detailed lab exercises help reinforce what is discussed during the lectures and provide you with extensive tool usage experience under the guidance of our industry expert instructors.
Note: upon specific request, this course can be delivered on two days only, with same theoretical content and very short time spent on labs. This is aimed only for people who are already well knowledgeable about Spice simulation and with extended practical experience, but who want to learn more about all Eldo advanced features in a restricted amount of time.
You will learn how to
- Have a good understanding of the accuracy vs. simulation speed tradeoffs in Eldo, the different algorithms available and their domain of application, and be able to maximize simulation speed while obtaining the required accuracy.
- Master the most advanced analyses including statistical analyses, sensitivity, new monte carlo advanced features and transient noise analyses.
- Use Eldo powerful optimizer to optimize your designs and find the best tradeoffs, as well as performing ageing simulations to know how your designs will behave several years from now.
Throughout this course, extensive hands-on lab exercises provide you with practical experience using Eldo software.
New Customization Options
The full course is delivered in four days. For those with extended practical experience and knowledge in SPICE simulation, but who want to learn more about only specific Eldo advanced features in a restricted amount of time, the course can be delivered in one to three days, with choosing from each of four daily programs. Visit the Student Table of Contents for further details of the specific modules:
- Day 1 : transient related simulation, choosing the best compromise for performance versus accuracy – modules 1 to 5
- Day 2 : post-processing, all available features, from extracts to Eldo Control Language and TCL – modules 6 to 8
- Day 3 : statistical analyses, everything from the theory to advanced Monte Carlo features – modules 9 to 12
- Day 4 : noise and frequency related simulations, plus optimization and aging – modules 13 to 19
|Course Part Number||