Expedition PCB Flow: Automation and Scripting
The Expedition® PCB Layout Flow: Automation and Scripting course will help you understand how you can customize the PCB flow tools— DXDesigner® and Expedition PCB —to both integrate the tools into your process flows as well as enhance their capabilities. View course details ↓
Full instructor-led courses in a Mentor training facility, with complete course materials and access to classroom computers.
|Feb 4–6||Munich||9–5 PM
|Feb 10–12||Meudon||9–5 PM
|Mar 18–20||Munich||9–5 PM
|May 19–21||Munich||9–5 PM
|Don't see the class you need? Request a class|
The Expedition PCB Flow: Automation and Scripting course will help you understand how you can customize the PCB flow tools—DxDesigner and Expedition PCB—to both integrate the tools into your process flows as well as enhance their capabilities. You will be introduced to the Object model. Using a VBScripting environment, you will learn how the Object Model concept is applied within scripts, how to use the available methods to access, manipulate, and/or report object properties, as well as some basic scripting techniques. You will learn how to create GUIs which encapsulate different aspects of your flow, or extend the tool’s functionality. You will also learn how to modify the user interface by adding or removing menus and toolbars.
The course is not intended as exhaustive treatise on scripting, nor the entirety of the DxDesigner and Expedition PCB object models. The purpose is to give you enough of an understanding of the object models and the available methods, properties, events, and enumerations, that you will be able to correctly structure the scripting statements to satisfy the needs of your environment.
Detailed lab exercises help reinforce what is discussed during the lectures and provide you with extensive tool usage experience under the guidance of our industry expert instructors.
You will learn how to
- Create and run scripts on DxDesigner Schematics
- Create and run scripts on Expedition PCB Layout files
- Access the DxDesigner and Expedition PCB Layout object models in order to modify the design
- Access the DxDesignerr and Expedition PCB Layout object models in order to generate reports
- Manipulate the user interface as it pertains to menus, toolbar buttons, and keybindings
- Manipulate files by creating, writing to, opening, closing, moving, deleting, etc.
- Basic string manipulations
- Customize the DXDesigner and Expedition PCB Layout menu and toolbar objects
- Run the Expedition PCB Layout batch engines from a script
- Process Application events such as selection changes, etc.
Throughout this course, extensive hands-on lab exercises provide you with practical experience using scripts to access the xDX Designer and xPCB Layout databases. Hands-on lab topics include
- Searching a design for pins and components
- Searching for the length of traces
- Event handling
- Adding/modifying graphical objects
- Customizing the user interface
- Adding vias (Expedition PCB)
- Adding Nets and net properties (DxDesigner)
- Using Motion Graphics (Expedition PCB) / ViewPort (DxDesigner)
- Communicating with the user through message and input boxes
- Generating log and report files
- Creating customized forms
- Customizing the graphical user interface
Design and CAD Engineers who will use Scripting in the DxDesigner/Expedition PCB Layout flow
CAD tool support personnel responsible for maintaining/integrating tools into their process flow
Familiarity with DxDesigner and basic schematic processes
Familiarity with Expedition PCB Layout
Familiarity with concepts of basic scripting
Familiarity with basic programming concepts
Familiarity with Windows operating systems
|Course Part Number||