The FloTHERM XT course will teach you how to design, build and simulate simple to complicated electronics cooling related models. View course details ↓
Full instructor-led courses in a Mentor training facility, with complete course materials and access to classroom computers.
|Sep 23–25||Stuttgart||9:30–5 PM
|Oct 20–21||Singapore||9–5 PM
|Nov 11–13||Marlborough||9–5 PM
|Nov 25–27||Stuttgart||9:30–5 PM
|Don't see the class you need? Request a class|
The course provides a detailed description of FloTHERM XT capabilities. The hands-on lab exercises then further reinforce the discussion topics under the guidance of our industry expert instructors. The combination of these different formats is designed to highlight the range of functionality available in FloTHERM XT.
You Will Learn How To
- Create FloTHERM XT project and geometry.
- Apply data to calculate conduction, convection and thermal radiation
- Use FloTHERM XT smart parts and libraries to create easy geometry.
- Generate thermal model of components: compact and detailed model of components
- Use FloTHERM PACK
- Generate thermal model of PCBs.
- FloEDA Bridge.
- Integrate CAD data
- Integrate cooling Smartparts
- Generate a mesh and solve
- Use Pre and Post-processing tools.
Throughout this course, extensive hands-on lab exercises provide you with practical experience using FloTHERM XT. Hands-on lab topics include:
- Gain familiarity with the User Interface.
- Create a New Project using the Project Wizard.
- Prepare a model for analysis.
- Use “Goals” to determine analysis convergence.
- Review results using post-processing items.
- Copy projects and use parts library.
- Optimise meshing techniques.
- Import EDA data and the use of FloEDA Bridge .
- Set all thermal transfer modes including thermal radiation.