This course is designed to familiarize new and existing users with FloVENT®. Attending this training course will take you quickly up the FloVENT learning curve and help you become immediately productive in using the software. View course details ↓
There are no classes for this course that are open for registration. Request a class
You will learn how to
The course is divided into two parts:
- The first two days of the course is a mixture of lectures, demonstrations, and tutorials designed to introduce you to the basic concepts and different types of conditions. The hands-on tutorials focus on practical examples that you will need for building your own models.
- The third day of the course is set aside in order to start building models for applications. This session will include advice on modeling strategies and a way to watch out for. It is suggested that if you have any information on the type of models you would like to build on the course, that you bring them along on the third day.
- Part 1: Introduction
- Modeling with FloVENT
- Basic Principles
- Software tour
- Part 2: Creating a FloVENT Model
- Overview of modeling process
- Creating basic geometry
- Introduction to the mathematics and solving process
- First look at results
- Part 3: Advancing the Model
- Using building specific SmartParts
- Advancing results presentation
- Alternative results access
- Part 4: Solar Radiation and Turbulence Modeling
- Including the effects of radiation
- Representing turbulent flow
- Part 5: Data Management and Comfort Analysis
- Library Manager
- Transferring data
- Comfort Analysis
- Part 6: Optimizing the Design
- Introduction to the Command Centre
- Part 7: Modeling diffusers
- How to model different diffusers
- Importance of Calibration
- Importance of grid
- Part 8: Alternative Input Methods
- Introduction to FLOMCAD
- Modeling different Applications
- Summarize Course
Create your own model – spend the day using the skills learned to set up and solve application. Any issues can be discussed with the Mentor Graphics staff presenting the course.
All engineers who have a basic understanding of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning in buildings, and who would like to learn more about computer simulation and "vitual prototyping".
Refresher course for existing FloVENT users.
|Course Part Number||