Signal Integrity & EMC Pro Tune-Up
This course is for engineers and layout designers building High Speed Digital Systems. The core concept is a proven process which results in solid reliable designs that are also quiet enough to pass FCC & CISPR radiated emissions tests on the first try. Signal Integrity & EMC Pro Tune-up Training is about how to move from a trial and error process to a proven "right the first time" methodology. View course details ↓
There are no classes for this course that are open for registration. Request a class
You will learn how to
- Understand the basics of a solid high speed system design process, which will:
- Produce a solid, reliable, quiet system on the first board implementation
- Save an average of 2 board spins per design
- Give the software developers a reliable test bed that works at full speed
- Allow engineers, layout designers, and managers to operate more efficiently
- The Holistic Nature of Signal Integrity, Radiated Emissions, and Susceptibility
- Board Stack-up... What is a good or bad stack-up and why?
- Power Integrity... In adequate capacitance > ground bounce > SI errors & Radiated Emissions
- High Speed Routing Rules, Via Placement, and Return Current Control
- Termination Schemes and their Ramifications
- Cross Talk ... how to predict it and how to control it
- LVDS and SERDES ... how these pseudo-differential signals really work
- Radiated Emissions... What causes FCC & CISPR radiated emission failure?
- Analogue / Digital interface - isolation
- Signal Triage, Noise Budgeting and Planning for Success
- The Jump Start Process... putting the pieces together for a "right the first time" design
- Pre-layout Design Review
- Post Layout Design Review
- Going off board...connectors, back planes, cables, and how you can avoid really big problems
- Susceptibility... How to "bullet proof" your design.
Engineers and layout designers who need to implement a high speed system design process in their organization, whether jump starting a new design or fixing previous designs.
|Course Part Number||